Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Drum Roll Please..... POST #2,000!

My goodness... I have been blogging for a long time, since 2006. This post is my 2,000th post! Can you believe it? Some of you have been faithful readers the whole time! I really appreciate you who actually read my blog. It's OK if you read sporadically. It's also OK if you pause here to glance at quilt pictures only, ignoring my crazy rants and thoughts on other topics. I just appreciate that I have some readers!

I am going to show you two quilt pictures. I think I posted them before, but they ended up being used differently than I had anticipated. It was fun! A friend asked if I had any baby quilts on hand that she could purchase. She has two nieces who were about to have babies and wanted to send them each a quilt. This one was completed, and I gave it to her, asking her not to pay me but to make a donation to our local women's group at church which supports a lot of good mission programs around the world (United Methodist Women). I loved the backing fabric on this one.


I made this second one to experiment with the pattern, and then I decided to offer it to my friend for her second niece, who had her baby the next day! Great accidental timing!


In the past, when I reached a milestone blog post, I used to run incentives for people to leave comments, and based on those numbers, I would make a donation to my favorite local charity. I decided not to do that this time. I'm just celebrating quietly (and with some shock and awe) that I have written 2,000 posts, and even better, YOU have come here to read. It has been a fun 11 years! I'm not going away, so keep on checking Giraffe Dreams as you have the inclination. You rock!

Since I started writing my blog, I have gone gray!

5 comments:

Alice said...

Congratulations. 2000 of anything is huge. I've been reading your blog for a while but have never posted a comment. I enjoy you blog, your quilts, and your book reviews. Thank you for blogging. Alice

Quiltdivajulie said...

Congrats -- enjoy that quiet celebration!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Congratulations! I started my blog a little over 10 years ago and I have gone gray since then too.

Tina said...

Thanks for blogging! I really enjoy it!

Carol E. said...

Thank you Alice, Julie, Wanda and Tina! I'm so glad you visit my blog!