Saturday, May 13, 2017

Two Quilts for Hands2Help

This year I sent two quilts to Hands2Help charities. The first one, green, went to Happy Chemo. I made and quilted this myself, except for two of the bird blocks which were made by friends, B and K. We did a bird block exchange, which was quite fun. I quilted this one in sections, using a Quilt As You Go method, and I rather liked it and plan to do it again.


The yellow quilt went to the Stash Builder Box project, to Camp Hobe or whichever initiative is current when my quilt arrived. This was made by me and quilted by Nanette S.

I wish I could have sent more. Unfortunately, sewing and quilting are not 24-hour/day activities. (Actually, I guess that is fortunate.)

Looking forward to seeing all the quilts on the Linky page! See them here.

3 comments:

Stitchin At Home said...

Love your bird quilt! Quilt as you go is a great way to quilt.

Sarah Craig said...

Both quilts are wonderful - thank you so much for being part of H2H 2017!

Paulette said...

How sweet they both are! Really love that bird quilt. I need to try the QAYG method sometime.