Monday, May 02, 2016

Sewing for Sunshine

Today I'm sewing IN the sunshine. Well.. it's outside, and I'm inside (beautiful to see). One year I put my machine out on the deck and sewed there. That felt wonderful!! But it's a bit of work hauling things out there, and it can't stay long, so I haven't done it since then.

I have been busy and haven't had much time to sew, but this weekend I did manage to make some blocks for the Sunshine Lotto (online guild, block Lotto game that feeds into our service work and is a fun game for members).

May theme is nine-patches. I made 12.

I even worked ahead and made eight June blocks. I'll probably make more in the month of June; it was fun to get a head start. June's theme is novelties.

I should say, I guess I have had more time to sew than I thought, because I also had a two-day sewing gig with some friends. That was fun, and I got a good start on a couple of quilts.

A friend and her baby are going to move into our house. It's going to be busy. The date has changed many times, but I'm guessing they'll move in this week. I'm excited. I love babies!!

No comments: