Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Catching Up to the 20th Century

That's right, folks. I'm catching up to the gadgets from the 1990s. I'm on the cutting edge.

Several years ago my SIL gave me a blender for Christmas. It has been here all this time, waiting for me to use it. To be honest, I tried, but it scared me -- so loud, and I thought for sure I was doing something wrong.

Finally I decided I wanted to make smoothies, so I pulled it out and shut my eyes, and turned it on. Voila! Smoothies! And my fear of the blender has vanished! Yay! I know there have been a zillion gadgets created since the blender, all much more efficient, smooth, quiet, etc. But I'm slow to take on the new stuff in some ways. So, today I'm celebrating the discovery of my blender and the ability to make smoothies.


This one is made with yogurt, strawberries, blackberries, milk and ice. I'm not sure I like blackberries in my smoothie. I'll have to keep trying different combinations. I'm nowhere near those modern green things that people drink. So far I'm still at the "it feels and tastes like an ice cream concoction" stage.

I can hardly wait for peaches to be in season!

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have a Magic Bullet single serving size smoothie maker and it is loud too. I hate noise but I love the smoothies. I use soy milk, half a banana, frozen strawberries, frozen wild blueberries and orange juice. I don't need to add ice because the frozen berries make it frosty.

Anonymous said...

Yup! Freeze your berries and then you can skip the ice. GN likes chocolate skim milk with a banana and pulverized walnuts. Put a serving of walnuts in a little plastic and smash them into a powder before putting them in the blender. But congrats on using your blender!!!

Devi said...

I love your ideas, they are always so fresh and delicious.