Friday, September 04, 2015

Friday Books: Australia

I finally have a book to tell you about: In a Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson. This was an audio book read by the author. I listened to it while I sewed.

This was a very enjoyable book. If you don't know much about Australia, this gives you an overall look at a large variety of terrain: seaside, mountains, urban, rural, VERY rural areas. The author took three trips to Australia, and this book combines the highlights of the three trips; it covers a huge geographical overview of Australia... more than most of us will ever get to see. You'll fall in love with a country/continent that so many of us know very little about.

If you have been to Australia, this book will make you feel nostalgic and very eager to go back. If you are going to be there in the future, this book will make you excited about all the great (and odd) things you're about to see and experience. I was excited when he talked about places I have been! And so interested by his discussion of places I have not been. I'm ready to go back!

Summer time reads like this are soon coming to a close. It's hot right now, but next week it will cool off, and I'm afraid that's the end of our summer. Guess I'll have to go back to Australia to catch some more summer weather!

No comments: