Saturday, August 29, 2015

Pencil Cases

At church we are collecting school supplies for a local elementary school. I was in charge of purchasing the supplies we needed to supplement what everyone else donated. The list asked for pencil boxes, which were really picked over by the time I went shopping. First, I thought they were ugly. Second, there were very few left in the two stores I went to.

I decided to make some. Our goal was to have 30 of everything, but I am just not going to keep my sanity if I try to make 30 of these babies. An even dozen is what I could manage. Along with the ten or so pencil boxes we purchased, this should be a pretty decent contribution.


The school is grades K-4. I hope the little cuties like these home-made pencil cases. I had fun making them, though I was ready to stop after a dozen.

While sewing, I listened to my audio book, which I had neglected for quite some time. Maybe NEXT week I'll be able to get back to my Friday Books report.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Cute pencil cases! I think you did really well to get 12 of them done. Good for you! I bet the kids love them!