Thursday, August 20, 2015

Can't Keep Track of My Feet

[NOTE: there will be no Friday Books post this week.]

It has been a busy, whirlwind of a week. Last Friday I went to South Lake Tahoe, California to a long weekend quilting retreat. I'll talk about that in my next post. I came back late Monday night, then in the next days I had to go to a meeting at church, a workshop, work a part-time shift, and today I had an outing with friends. Today was fun, but I've been so busy that I can barely remember where I am or where my feet are.


Remember back in July when I posted about hoping to walk a mile every day? Well, as usual, I didn't manage to do it every day. And when I did, I forgot to take pictures of my feet. I only have a few feet photos from early on.

I don't know why I continue to get enthused and hopeful and announce my plans, and then they go awry. I should remember not to announce them every time.


Today with my friends we started out by renting a paddle boat. It was extremely uncomfortable and poorly designed so that it was nearly impossible even to pedal. My knees did not appreciate that stupid paddle boat that fits no human body. We quickly gave that up and went instead for a bicycle surrey ride around the lake. That was much easier to do and much more fun. Even so, my legs and knees are sore and tired tonight.



After the surrey ride, we walked through the Japanese Garden, which I had never been to before! In fact, to be honest, I didn't even know it was there! It was created in 1979. Good grief. Where have I been?? It was beautiful.


Can you see how glorious a day it was today?? Wow, we couldn't have asked for a better day. The high was about 68 F, with nice sun and deep blue sky... perfect!


Watch for my Lake Tahoe report in the next few days. I'm still organizing those photos.

No comments: