Thursday, February 12, 2015

Oh, So Tired

I have been busy, but it's hard to point at what has kept me running. Sewing, attending meetings, preparing newsletters, re-arranging bulletin board (at church), delivering food to food shelf, occasional work shifts. The usual. It all adds up to TIME running from here to there.

This week I went back to help my mom. She has been referred to an additional doctor, because her care is complicated. This doctor is helping to monitor her heart and kidneys. Her heart is not in great shape; her kidneys were showing a bad test result, but with some tweaking of medications, her numbers are improving. She looks pretty decent and seems like herself, but her voice, which has always been strong, suddenly sounds like an old woman. And she reports she is very tired and has been going to bed at about 7:00 PM every night!

I have to go back again next week. I don't mind it so much except for the long, tiring drive. It takes me at least 3.5 hours to get there and then 3.5 hours back. But, I rarely make it in a straight shot, because driving makes me so sleepy. I usually have to stop at least a couple of times to rest up, and I jump around outside to try to wake myself up. Very annoying.

My mom will be 94 on March 5. We're having a little party with the three sisters and whatever local grandchildren can make it. Nothing very huge or exhausting for Mom.

my mom holding her youngest great-grandson, about a year and a half ago

No comments: