Monday, February 03, 2014

Monday Sunshine

I was going to call this post "Monday Blues," but I'm really not feeling blue other than a tiny regret that I volunteered to work more hours than I really want to work this week. But it's a beautiful, sunny day, and the bright blue skies are so cheerful. Who wants to waste time being sad?

I have some knitting/sewing projects to show -- not much is finished, but this is what I've been up to lately:

heart blocks for an online friend whose father died recently

a hat I made, which I wanted to fit a child, but I made it way too big... it's even too big for me, and I have a big head!

below: my knitting group, preparing to pray over a completed prayer shawl, before we turn it in for delivery to an unknown (as yet) person in need
above: another project in prep phase by my knitting group (I'm purposely being a little secretive about this one until later.)

I don't know if I posted this one yet. I found a request for quilts or tops for fire fighters, so I whipped this up and sent it off (top only). I hope it's appropriately "manly."

a cruise project which I made at home, as I did no sewing while on the cruise

a project I started and worked on while watching the Super Bowl (go, Seahawks!).. it is a pattern idea from Bonnie Hunter's site, Quiltville.

And I also have a fat book I'm trying to read and finish by next Sunday when we will have a discussion group about it at church. Time for me to get off the computer and back to my busy-ness!

2 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

My sewing group ohhed and ahhed over the top so I think it was "manly" enough! It will be going on the longarm soon. Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Fun to see what you've been up to. I can't even guess what the secret project is, but I LOVE the colors in the photo!