Sunday, March 24, 2013

Joining the Hands 2 Help Challenge



It's time for the Hands 2 Help Challenge 2013. Each year quilters are invited to participate in one or both of two charities. They choose some great causes, and in addition there are prizes one can win.

It's fun to participate in these charities that need and appreciate our beautiful quilts. A prize would be fun, but it's not why I participate. Why do I participate? It gives me joy to share love and gives me opportunity to practice creativity in making quilts. win/win!!

"What does love look like?
It has the hands to help others.
It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy.
It has eyes to see misery and want.
It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men.
That is what love looks like."

You can follow the Hands 2 Help link and learn about the two charities they have chosen. One, Happy Chemo, was also a program last year. Since then I had an opportunity to purchase a Happy Chemo box for a friend of mine who has been going through chemo treatments. She says her quilt is beautiful (I have not yet seen it). So I am happy to help Happy Chemo keep going by donating another quilt or two.

The second charity, Quilts Beyond Borders, is new to me. I had not heard of it before; it sounds intriguing and fun. I plan to donate at least one quilt there as well.

We are asked to sign up this week (March 24-30) and get quilts done and sent in by early June. Please join me in providing a quilt hug to some deserving children or adults! Follow the Hands 2 Help link and get started quilting! You can also put the button on your blog, post about it, and help recruit more quilters.

No comments: