Sunday, February 10, 2013

Borrowed an Idea; Failed

Yesterday I was inspired by a quilt I saw at Crazy Mom Quilts blog. I adapted it to a smaller size and got busy sewing. I used blocks I purchased, pre-cut, for 50 cents (what a deal, eh?!). Well, I think I was too quick, not paying attention, got confused by my own math mistakes, and just careless. It turned out very curvy. It looks awful, and I'm not sure how to fix it. Well... I should say, fixing it sounds like a big downer. Drudgery, in my book.

It doesn't look too bad in this picture, because I mooshed it around on the design wall enough to fake that it is fairly straight, but it's not. See all those wrinkles? Those are the mooshey things I did to "fix" it.


It's a small quilt, so if I ever get it fixed (big if), I'll donate it locally to Bundles of Love.

To make myself feel better, I put a binding on this quilt and photographed it in the snow -- while it is snowing! This was made by me and quilted by Diane, and I will donate this to Bundles of Love.



1 comment:

BrendaLou said...

one of the best things about quilting is that all that "mooshy" stuff will just sink into the batting and it will "quilt" out! nice work