Saturday, June 16, 2012

Bloggers Quilt Festival Results

You may remember that I begged for votes when my quilt was entered in the Bloggers Festival and then made it into the finals. I so appreciate all your votes! Thanks so much!

I did not win, but as a result of the Festival, someone nominated me to be a Featured Quilter at Amy's Creative Side blog. Amy runs the Bloggers Quilt Festival. Being nominated is even better than winning, because it means someone wanted to see more of my quilts and get to know a little about me. I'm flattered!

I don't know when I'll be featured at Amy's blog, but I'll be sure to let you know and will provide a link so you can read all about fascinating me.

I've been working on odds and ends.. right now I'm making blocks for men, so they're not all bright and pretty like I usually prefer. They're fun, though. It always surprises me when I work with older, civil war repro fabrics and then like the results. It's not fabric I ever choose unless I have to for certain projects. (I just had to sneak in a bright, red batik in that bottom right hand corner block.)



Here is something more typical of my work of choice: bright blocks made for kids. Tammy at Sunshine Quilt Guild will put these together with other donations and make beautiful quilts for kids. I'm a big fan of Tammy's work.



A few times I sent Tammy some paper-pieced blocks. This week she has made quilt tops featuring one of my paper pieced blocks in the center. See what beautiful work she does? The center blocks are mine, everything else is by Tammy.





I have also made a few more blocks for the color challenge that Victoria is running over at 15 Minutes Play. I had to catch up, and now I'm behind one block again. She posts a new color assignment every Wednesday.




4 comments:

Cathy said...

Well that is really exciting! congratulations on the feature!

Kathy said...

Way to go! I am looking forward to seeing the quilts for your feature!

Anonymous said...

COngratulation! I think your feature is wonderful news. Will keep my eye out for when it happens.

Marei said...

Congratulations! I look forward to seeing you on Amy's blog. Way to go! mdmotnalvo@yahoo.com