Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The First Second Legos Quilt

Remember Tonya's Legos quilt which is her reproduction of an antique quilt she loved? Several other quilters have made them, too (including me). I would have thought that we could call Tonya's quilt the "Second Legos Quilt" , the first being that antique quilt she admired.

Recently I was organizing pictures from the past year, and I came across the group of photos I took at a quilt show in tiny Park Rapids, Minnesota. Look at this! It's a Legos quilt! I think it pre-dates Tonya's quilt, so in reality, it's the First Second Legos quilt. Tonya's would be the Second Second.



I remember looking at this quilt and being amazed at all the little pieces. Now I've made one of my own that's even larger and has even more pieces. I never would have thought I'd do one. Mine is getting quilted next week, and I'm very excited to have it completed! Mine is about the 100th Second!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful accomplishment to have made a quilt like this. You must be happy to get it quilted and have it completed. Way to go.

Tonya Ricucci said...

oh, this quilt is a beauty! interesting because there is a lot less variation in the size of the individual legos. seems like no matter how you do it, these come out fabulous!

Nifty Quilts said...

Your quilts are lovely. I especially like the story about the Native baby quilts. Thank you for the book list too!