Monday, November 14, 2011

Retreat!

I'm back! Did you miss me?? I was gone for a few days. While I was gone, I scheduled my Friday Books post to go up on 11/11/11 at 11:11 AM. Did anyone notice that cool coincidence?

Why I was out of town: I retreated, as I do annually, into Wisconsin. My quilt guild and I and spent hours and hours sewing, talking, eating, sharing, laughing, sewing, eating, sewing, sewing, sewing. We had a great time! Fun, fun, fun was had by all.

Want to see some pictures of what I made?? OK! Here, for your viewing pleasure, are some of my results of all those hours of sewing.

a twin-size top; pattern is "Five and Dime" by All Washed Up.

my block for the quilt we donate annually to the camp where we stay

the block I made to participate in a block lotto (I did not win, which was fine.. I wasn't crazy about the Christmas fabrics that were chosen for this project)

three blocks I made for a quilt to be made and donated by our guild

six blocks I made for Sunshine; November assignment is fall colors

a Sunshine quilt top to which I added borders

When I returned home on Sunday afternoon after the retreat, I was exhausted! I slept for a couple of hours, and then I spent the rest of the afternoon/evening organizing my retreat photos. That exhausted me for a second time, and I fell gratefully into bed.

Later this week I am going to show you MY MASTERPIECE. It is a quilt top I am quite proud of. Just wait 'til you see it! And, by the way, I'm catching up on my sleep. Always a good thing!

3 comments:

Pattilou said...

Whew! You got a lot done in your retreat. Love all the different varieties of blocks you've made. The fall blocks for Sunshine are especially nice. ...and of course your giraffe block! Way fun!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun retreat. Glad you had a chance to get away.

Unknown said...

We all seem to be busy these days don't we? One day I was looking at my blogroll and realized that hardly anyone had posted. Your blog sounded like the old you. I love your colours as usual. You know your style. Is that reindeer or giraffes on the block?