Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday Books



Books! How I love them. I went to the library this week and found State of Wonder by Ann Patchett on the Lucky U shelf. I snatched it right up and started reading. I have a week to finish it and get it returned to the Lucky U shelf for the next lucky reader.

I’m very interested in the story and happy to be reading it. Little did I know, the story begins in Minnesota! But it doesn’t stay there. So far I would say this is a “highly recommended” read. (I’m only about ¼ of the way through, but can say that with confidence.)

The other book I’m reading is The Red Tent by Anita Diamant. My book group at church chose this book, and I started it but did not finish in time for our discussion. I have had this book on my shelf for ages and finally got into it thanks to my book group. Really enjoying this one, too, but set it aside for the time being so I can finish State of Wonder in the week allotted for it.

Oh, since last week I finished Lost in Shangri-La by M. Zuckoff. It was fascinating and a good book: a true story. I learned some things and enjoyed the story line.

It’s getting cold out! Perfect weather to curl up with a quilt and a book. Do yourself a favor: pick a book off your shelf and start reading!

3 comments:

JeannetteLS said...

It is a perfect thing to do on a cold windy evening, or morning... or afternoon... Enjoy

BrendaLou said...

What is a Lucky You shelf?

Carol E. said...

a Lucky You (spelled Lucky U at my library) is a shelf of the hot, new, popular books. If U are Lucky, you find one of them on the shelf. You grab it and have one week to read it (no renews), then return it for the next Lucky person.