Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The State of My Life

nephew's recent wedding

celebrate!

I want to talk about the photo I recently posted in my blog header... giraffe and ostrich enjoying a good confab. Isn't that a great photo?! I did not take it. I recently re-discovered it in my saved photos. Unfortunately, I did not record who took it and where it came from. I would love to give the photographer credit. I'm sorry I didn't keep better records.

Today was my Big Day: I started my new job! I'm now a video-interpreter. I'm a sign language interpreter connecting a user of sign language with a user of spoken English via video/voice telephones. I have 30 hours of training to work through before I can be put out there on my own. So far I have only observed, but soon I'll do my first "in the hot seat" experience. I'm nervous and excited! I'm looking forward to this new chapter in my career. I expect to be working up to about 15 hours a week, so I'll still have plenty of time to enjoy being retired.... with just enough work to fill in my days and keep me connected to other adults and the outside world.

Charles has a job interview later this week. He has been working one day/week and is getting his own consultant business plan firmed up. We're hoping that soon his job leads will materialize into more days of work. Paying bills is kind of a priority!

Son cleans up well.

Son now has an official date for his move to another state: Oct 17. Woe is me! I'm going to miss him! But as he says, we will have an interesting place to visit.

Daughter is doing well, and her birthday is coming up soon. Her birthday is always a gorgeous day!

my new hairdo, a little windblown

I've been having fun doing a lot of reading and sewing, with time for fun family time and outside activities. So the state of my life is pretty good... things are going well, I'm happy, and have a lot to look forward to, as well. Can't ask for much more than that.

3 comments:

Sextant said...

You said So the state of my life is pretty good... things are going well, I'm happy, and have a lot to look forward to, as well. Can't ask for much more than that.

What is the relative worth of happiness? What is the relative worth of having much to look forward to? They are immeasurable gifts straight from the Grace of God. They can not be purchased. The state of your life is far more than pretty good Carol. You are Blessed, as we all are, but you recognize the fact and revel in it.

Very nice post. Good luck with the new job. It sounds interesting.

Unknown said...

Love the new do...but you know that...lol...seems like life is verrrrryyyy good....

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the scopp on the griaffe/osctich pic. I was curious about it. I love it. Glad you like your training so far. I was hoping you would. All the best to you and your family.