Friday, July 01, 2011

Checking In

Thanks for being nice readers. I'm feeling a little better.. that little gray cloud makes a regular appearance in my life.. luckily it hasn't been bad and serious in many years. I'm taking care of myself.

It got really hot yesterday and today... about 99 F. Now it is raining, and a cool front is coming in. Hooray! It won't be "cold," but it will be a big relief from the heat.

We have no particular plans for the 4th of July weekend (Independence Day). We'll be a little spontaneous and see what we come up with.





I finished a little blankie to send to Rosebud Reservation. It's a tiny baby one, backed with flannel. I'm sending them about 5 of these.

I finished reading Ahab's Wife! Hooray! All 666 pages of it. I'm glad it's done. It was good, but I was ready to move on. I have started reading Baking Cakes in Kigali by Gaile P--something.

Have a great weekend, everyone!





P.S. Just before midnight I decided to make one more little quiltlet. I think six is a sufficient number.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Summer is a great time to put the feet up, read a book and sip ice tea. Happy ending books too to lift the spirit.
You need some giraffes in your life!