Friday, March 25, 2011

Feeling Good Friday

The sun is shining today, and I'm feeling so much better than I have in a while. Thank you, all my dear friends (BOTHers and others.. you know who you are)! Your kind thoughts mean a lot to me.



I am running a challenge over at Sunshine and have made these 4 blocks as my contribution. It's called Old Timey Challenge, because it's something like I used to do years ago quite frequently, but haven't done one in quite some time. So far 4 others are participating with me in the challenge. That should be enough for a couple of nice quilts, I think. The challenge fabric is that light background one with the little yellowish-green circles and diamonds on it.



I've done a bit of other sewing, too.. made these three blocks to give away, and then saw that they make a good table runner (above), so I kept them. Then to replace them, I made this fancy mariner's compass (below)! I love how it turned out. The pattern is "China" from Carol Doaks' Mariner Compass book (paper piecing).



And a bit of knitting, also... one more dish cloth for the kitchen at church. And I want to clear the names of all people who frequent our church kitchen. I realized that the dish rags are not being stolen; they are being used and then taken home for a washing, and then they make a miraculous reappearance in the drawer! Silly me. I should have known.

2 comments:

Pattilou said...

You've got some lovely nice blocks. The challenge sounds fun--I'm just used up on completing some things right now and the elasiticy is gone for a moment, hope you understand, but you've got some great lotto blocks and I doe love the Mariner's Compass Block. I'm anxious to see what comes from your challenge!

Anonymous said...

Yea! I'm glad the church dish cloth mystery was solved! Whew!