Saturday, December 11, 2010

An Old Fashioned Winter

This is a winter like you read about in pioneer stories, when storms raged for days, and they had to tie a rope from the house to the barn so they wouldn't get lost in the white-out conditions.


I'm happily snuggled into my warm house, watching the storm from a safe vantage point. This is a biggie! It has been snowing hard all day, and next will come the wind (to make big ol' snow drifts and snow packs that are impossible to drive through). And the temperatures are going to plunge.


This is a yard stick on my deck. That first number you see is 20, as in 20 inches! And it's still coming down!


view of our neighborhood

This bush is in our front yard... at first I had Christmas lights in these bushes, but the lights stopped working, so I pulled them off. If I'd left them on the bushes, they'd be totally buried.

4 comments:

Trish said...

Snow covered light are beautiful!!! We had lights on 12" posts last year that were buried in snow on Christmas eve-they simply glow through the snow!

Glas it's your part of the state this time and not mine ;)

Nancy said...

Yikes!

I hope you have a snowblower or a willing teenager who can dig you out when this quits.

Unknown said...

Tomorrow is going to brutally cold!

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

Wow. Stay safe!