Friday, October 29, 2010

Sewing with my Son

This week my son called and asked if he could use my sewing machine and if I would like to go with him to a fabric store. I said YES to both. He picked out some fabric to make curtains for his and DIL's apartment. Then we came back to my house and sewed. I have my mom's FW here, so I set it up across from Son, and we had our own little sewing retreat. I loved it! He's such a free spirit and an interesting and nice young man. I loved hanging out with him. His curtains turned out great (and DIL approves)! First set is for the bedroom.



We get to do it again some time, because he still has living room curtains to make. Yay! Another fun visit to look forward to.

I'm thankful for:
1) time with my son
2) good books and time to sit and read them
3) sunshine today after some cold and cloudy days
4) weekends!
5) a full, busy, and happy life

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Fabulous, I love this!!! Out of my three children, my son is the best one behind the machine. He came over right after marriage, too, and asked me to teach him how to make a blueprint and sew. I said a 'blueprint???' (He and hubby are house builders)Two weeks and 22 yards of white eyelet he bought on him own before he ever came over later (and how do you decide on yardage without a blueprint, first?...I'd asked him) he had curtains for a brand new iron headboard/tailboard/rail system canopy kind of bed deal he'd bought his wife as a Valentine's gift. I was floored at his initiative and I applaud your son's! Show us the curtains!!!And good for you, both!!!!!

Elaine Adair said...

I LOVE kids who are Free Spirits!!! 8-)) Good for you, good for him. 8-))

Anonymous said...

What a great time together!!! Go Mom and Son!

AnnieO said...

Time with sons is definitely precious! Ours just moved back home after a couple years on his own and I see now how much I really missed him. Glad yours lives close enough to sew with occasionally :) The photo made me smile.