Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Nine Patches for Bev

Remember the Nine Patch Project? The goal is to make one nine patch block every day this summer. I finished my June allotment easily, then July was so busy, I got behind. Now I'm caught up, as far as to August 8th.



Over at Sunshine (a Yahoo quilt group), our dear friend, Bev, passed away suddenly, and we decided to make nine-patches in her honor... the ultimate goal being to end up with as many quilts for our two projects as possible. We would like to supply all the quilts for an entire Rotaplast mission to Peru (about 100 quilts) where the quilts are given to children after cleft palate surgery.

That Sunshine project is what got me motivated to catch up on my nine-patch production. I hope to get more made by the end of this weekend. Maybe I'll finish my quota for the whole month of August! I originally was making the blocks for an as-yet-undecided quilt.. but now I know they'll go to Sunshine in honor of Bev.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

send me the address for the nine patch project...I'll make extras of my projects.