Sunday, August 01, 2010

Kandee's Helpers

If you are new to my blog, you may not know that a friend of a friend, Kandee, recently lost her entire farm to a huge, once-in-a-lifetime tornado that bull-dozed through her home area. This came on the heels of having lost her husband and already finding adjustment difficult. My friend, KT, tells me that Kandee just doesn't know where to start picking up the pieces of her life. So... it seemed like the perfect time to give her a quilt, and my faithful friends and readers came through gloriously. Lovely Diane even offered to do the machine quilting!

Here are a few of the blocks, playing together before I had received them all... the real assembly is about to begin!

I believe I have 64 blocks, which is what I was hoping for. Thank you so much, readers and friends who have contributed!! I knew the cyber world would come through to help a fellow quilter!

Please, please forgive me if I forgot your name on this list, but this is the best I was able to pull together. I believe this is most or all of the people who sent blocks. Big thanks and hugs to all of you: Barb G., Betty M., Betty Z., BrendaLou S., Carin V., Carol E., Diane S., Elaine A., Ellen Z., Heather S., Jill S., Joan M., June S., Karen R., Kathy T., Leanne J., Leslie J., Nancy Z., Pat F., Susan D-S, Susan N., Yvette, Yvonne B.

Soon I will have a quilt picture to share with you! I'm excited to see it, too!

5 comments:

AnnieO said...

Oh! How embarrassing, my block is still sitting here on my ironing board, unmailed! Sorry I lagged and didn't get it to you, Carol, but glad others were more responsible than I and Kandee will have a beautiful quilt.

sophie said...

Count me among the embarrassed, too. My move didn't go well and I"m still sorting things out ... and my fabric is yet unpacked. I'm very happy to see that others followed through SO MUCH better than me and that you'll be making a beautiful quilt for your friend.

Yvette said...

What a wonderful project! It is so great to see the blocks come together.

BrendaLou said...

It's going to be a beautiful quilt! Thanks for putting our blocks together.

Elaine Adair said...

Kandee is lucky to have a friend like you.

Very sad to hear of the terrible damage.