Friday, June 25, 2010

My Lazy, Lumpy Day



I've been doing a good job of keeping pretty regular sleeping hours since I retired. I don't want to throw off my rhythms by letting myself stay up too late at night. I'm glad for that small success.

Today I had my first lazy, sit-on-my-butt, do-nothing day. It hasn't been fun! I don't want to make a habit out of days like this. Uffda!

I got up, thought for a while about what to do... told myself "you should go to the Y right away." But first I wanted to eat breakfast. Once I ate breakfast, I wanted to wait a little while so I wouldn't be working out on a full tummy. A while came and went... I made a couple of quilt blocks. And for the rest of the day I have been vegetating in front of the computer screen!!!!!!! Ickypoo.

I made a list of errands I need to run and a small grocery list. I was about to go out the door when I thought that first I should change my clothes and maybe check my email. So I sat down at the computer.

From that moment on, I was a goner. I had some stuff to organize, some stuff to photograph, write, and send. Some blogs and Facebook to read, some time to waste. It just spiraled into a big ol' waste of time and lazy, lumpy, dumpy day. I didn't go to the Y (yet.. and if I'm being honest, I probably won't today). I didn't run any of my errands. I made and ate lunch and that's about all I did that was productive.

This is a good Lesson Day.. Don't Let My Retirement Turn Into Lazy, Lumpy Days!

1 comment:

Sweet P said...

An lazy, lumpy day once in a while is good. Just don't make a habit of it, OK?