Sunday, May 02, 2010

Quiet

My life has been quiet and hum-drum lately. Not in a boring, bad way. I just don't have any big news to report or any extreme excitement to share.

This weekend I went to see my mom. We had a nice, quiet visit. I mostly stayed at her place, and we chatted. We played a game of Scrabble, and I WON!! If you know my mom or you know me, you know this is a rare event. My mom is the Queen of Scrabble, and I am the Scrabble misfit. So it's a shock when I win against anyone, but especially against my mom.

That's about the extent of my big news.

This is a random house in Minneapolis that I thought had some character. Taken about a month ago before everything greened up.

On Random Act of Kindness Day last week, I hung this knitted dish cloth on an entry-way stairway at a St. Paul schools office building. I hope whoever found it enjoyed the surprise and likes the dish cloth.

The inside of a tulip.

And that's all for now, folks. As Garrison Keillor says, "Be well. Do good work. And keep in touch."

2 comments:

Jill said...

Ah Carol, I know the ho-hum feeling ;) So fun that you and your mom played Scrabble - congrats! I agree, that house has character - don't you wonder the story of the people who live in it? Take care - Jill

Darcie said...

That tulip! Beautiful! Notecard worthy. ;-)

I like your little note that you included in your raok gift. Good idea!

Happy Wednesday to you!