Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Blog is Carbon Neutral



Well... I don't know if it truly is neutral, but there is a German outfit that will plant a tree for every blog that links to them and writes a post about it. That tree is supposed to offset the energy my server uses to run this blog.

I hope it really makes my blog "neutral," but I have my doubts. I'm also using electricity to run my computer, lights are on in my computer room, we use natural gas to heat our home so I can sit in warm or air-conditioned comfort while I play around at my blog and other sites. The keyboard and monitor used up some energy in the production of the plastic and other parts.

I like the idea, though, so I'm in. I am trying not to be cynical. Maybe I'll also plant a tree this spring (soon) so TWO trees can work to offset my energy use.

You, too? Want to make your blog or your life lean a little more toward being carbon neutral? Click on my button in the sidebar and go to the website.. have a tree planted in your blog's name!

P.S. Even if it doesn't make me completely carbon neutral, the tree will be planted in northern California by the Arbor Day partners of the German group (in an area that suffered a bad forest fire), and they can use all the trees they can get!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for joining in! Any little bit helps, right?!

Check my blog again on Friday, 4/16 to see my newest post about Carbon Neutral.

Unknown said...

Thank you for joining in!!