Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Healing Day


The topic at church today was forgiveness. It helped me a lot and gave me plenty to think about. It's a very hard thing to do, but it's important to work on it and practice it.

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and the emails I received today. You were all very helpful, even if you think you weren't. Relationships aren't easy, and it helps to bounce things off other people.

It was a beautiful day here in Minnesota! The Vikings won their game (barely)! What a nail biter! Great game to have on while I sewed. Later Charles and I went out for a walk, and it was so nice and pretty. Amazing how just one little mile walk can make my whole self feel cleansed.



I got a LOT of sewing done this weekend, and that was good. I needed to get some things done for various deadlines. This baby quilt is going to a sale of hand-made items that will benefit Special Ed children in St. Paul.

The toys have umpteen places to go... I want to keep making more so I can donate them to all the places I have in mind. I'm having fun with my Monster Mash.




This one was a complete accident. It looked nothing like this when I started out... I realized my first idea wouldn't work. I tried to back-track and sew some pieces on while it was only half ripped apart. I thought it was going to be a total failure - it looked like a mess - but it turned into this little guy, and I quite like him! He is a complete happy accident.



I love this poor little Sad Sack. He needs someone to love him and hug him up, don't you think?

Now it's time to watch "Amazing Race" on TV - the one show Charles and I usually sit down and watch together - and then make sure I'm ready for another full week of work. Get, ready, get set... GO! Off to work we go.

2 comments:

Twisted Quilts said...

Isn't it interesting how the message at church sometimes speaks directly to us. I am sending you lots of good wishes on this cold morning.

08armydoc said...

These guys are SO cute Carol!!! And the yellow and blue crumb quilt is adorable - it looks like row houses!