Sunday, August 16, 2009

Showers and a Birthday

Yesterday daughter (Autumn) and I drove far, far away to attend a bridal shower for my niece/cousin who is getting married in a couple of weeks. On our way we encountered rain showers, off and on, off and on, off and on... you get the picture. The bridal shower was fun... good food, naughty gifts (undies for the new bride). The rain showers continued, so by the time Autumn's BF, Harley, arrived in town via motorcycle, he was pretty wet and cold. Poor guy!

the bride-to-be in strapless top, with
various and sundry loved ones

After a nice but short visit with my mother, I drove far, far away to return home. Autumn and Harley stayed back to diddle around town and hope that the rain let up so they could go wherever the spirit moved them. It didn't look good judging by my solo trip back home. Rain, rain, and more rain. But I broke up the drive by stopping at my favorite book store (bought two fabulous books) and stopping at my favorite quilt shop (bought some gorgeous fabric and got a hug from a fellow blogger).


Autumn and Harley, getting bundled up in
gear and shades for a ride in the rain


gorgeous fabric I bought.. the piece on the back
of the chair is a new line by Paula Nadelstern.
I could not leave without a piece of that one

Today, Sunday, is Charles' birthday! It was easy to give him his heart's desire today. When I asked what he wants to do for his birthday he replied, "take a nap." Sure thing, honey! Go ahead and nap while I sew. Sounds like a fun birthday to me!


Happy Birthday, Charles! I still think you're a real "dish."

4 comments:

Sara said...

Sounds like the shower was enjoyable even though it rained! And a stop at your two favorite stores, what could be better!

Happy Birthday Charles!

quiltmom anna said...

Hi Carole,
I absolutely love the Paula Nadelstern piece of fabric- I had the pleasure of seeing her and her trunk show at a guild meeting once a few years ago. I was thrilled to see her- she is an amazing quilter and I have been fascinated with her kaleidoscope quilts for a long time.
I do not often buy the newest fabrics when they come out( I usually buy fabric on sale only) but when I find a piece of this line I certainly will buy it- just so that I can sit and drool over it..
Thanks for sharing-
It sounds like you had a fun time with the wedding showers..
Warmest regards,
Anna

Elaine Adair said...

Oh, now I remember, the names things! 8-)

Julie Sharer said...

Cool, another family wedding...where will she & her groom live?? Fun to see that pic of Autumn & Harley...give her a hug from me when you see her again. Oh, and I'll take another quilt made from that (WAY-CHA) gorgeous fabric!!