Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Wedding Shower

My book club hosted a wedding shower for my son and his bride-to-be. It was such a nice event, and I so appreciate what they did! They went the extra mile and made food that fits Steven and Melody's vegan requirements. My book club rocks!


These are pillows I made for them... I posted them a while ago but did not reveal the secret of who they were for. They seemed pleased with the pillows. I was happy.

It sort of shocked me to be at a wedding shower for my son... this is real! My son is going to get married! I need to lose 50 lbs in a month! OK, forget that last one. I'm trying to accept Me. I am who I am. (Below: the young couple with the moms.)

It was fun to hear other people talk about them having love and respect for each other and to hear about how well-liked they were on their college campus. They both just graduated, and I am told they will be missed greatly. It's an emotional thing, to hear people say such things about one's child (and his life partner). This wedding thing is going to be a big deal, plus a lot of fun. I'm getting excited!

This is the groom and bride as they looked about 22 years ago. Do you agree that they look alike as babies?

Here they are today, about to step out into the Great Adventure. May they always be there to hold each other up during the hard times and to share the joys.



And may they grow old together in a world of peace.

3 comments:

Twisted Quilts said...

what a wonderful thing for your book club to do. It does sort of tug at your heart when your boy gets married. I hope your daughter in law is as wonderful as the two I have.

Browndirtcottage said...

How nice of your group....the 'sleep tight' pillows crack me up.....

I enjoyed your missons trip too!

Andrea, the little collector said...

Congrats to your son and his bride-to-be. Community is great! Go book club!!!