Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Tuesday Trivia with Ken Jennings

a chandelier at Hamline University casting
prism-created rainbows
all over the lobby in which building (hint: music hall)?




I got a library book that I thought might be a little fun: Ken Jennings's Trivia Almanac: 8,888 Questions in 365 Days. Jennings wrote several trivia questions for each day of the year. I thought I'd share a few that he wrote for May 5 and see if you know (or can figure out) the answers:

1) of the U.S. states that border Mexico, which shares the shortest border?
2) In 1988, Cesar Chavez conducted a 36-day fast to encourage Americans to boycott what fruit?
3) What TV show's announcer was Hank "Hey Now!" Kingsley?
4) Besides "Hey Jude," what other Beatles song title begins with the word "Hey?"

Without doing any research, I know only one of the answers (and, of course, I know the answer to my own italicized question above). How did you do? I'll give you the answers tomorrow.

5 comments:

BarbCarol said...

My husband loves trivia. I'll have to find that book for him. Thanks.

Unknown said...

I stink at trivia

1) New Mexico
2) klwi

Lynn S. said...

My brother in law , Ray, is a friend of Ken's. Ray is a Trivial Pursuit champ and has "quizzed" with Ken Jennings a few times for competitions. He has also written a couple of books as well as authored several crossword puzzles for various newspapers....Interesting hobby!

Vivian said...

I think the state might be CA, the fast maybe involved grapes, and there was some other "Hey" Beatles song on the Yellow Submarine album, if my baby boomer brain is working OK tonight.

Booper said...

Boy, that is a toughie without doing research. I will guess...

1. New Mexico

Not sure about the rest....I can't wait to see the answers.