Friday, May 22, 2009

My Cousin Peggy

My cousin, Peggy, is dying of cancer. Peggy is last on the right in this picture. She was healthy, robust, and happy when I met her for the first time in my life three years ago at a family reunion. Peggy was an ER nurse and is married to a devoted and loving husband. This is Peggy, some of her siblings and some of the married-in's. I didn't manage to get them all in one picture. I am so grateful that we had that reunion; I got to meet so many wonderful cousins and their life partners! I just loved Peggy and her fun-loving family!

Peggy and her family grew up in California, and we grew up in Minnesota. It was hard to get everyone together, and I only managed to meet a couple of the cousins until meeting them all, three years ago at the reunion. Since then Tim, Peggy's brother-in-law (standing behind Peggy), died of cancer. And this week Peggy is dying. She is expected to leave this earth very soon. Peggy, I am blessed to have known you and am proud to have you as a cousin!


The Lord bless you and keep you
The Lord lift his countenance upon you
and give you peace
The Lord make his face to shine upon you
and be gracious unto you.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hugs Carol! Cancer rips so many families apart!

Donna said...

I am so sorry. That is why I am working on my project, stitching for a cure. Hoping to save lives.
Check out my blog if you like.
http://stitchingforacure.blogspot.com
You and your family are in my prayers

AnnieO said...

Sorry to hear you are losing a wonderful person from your family. I hope she will go peacefully surrounded by her loved ones, and without too much pain. Glad you shared your joy in meeting her again.

Jan Mac said...

Sending prayers and hugs for you all and hopes that she has a peaceful passing. Hugs jan mac

Chris Daly said...

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news.
May God bless you and your family.

BrendaLou said...

Carol, I'm so very sorry for you and your family. Isn't it wonderful you had a chance to get to know Peggy a bit and her family?

Kim said...

I am glad that you met Peggy and had the opportunity to know her. I'll bet she is the nicest woman and I am sorry she has to leave so soon. It's hard to imagine two people in that photo dying from cancer. A very high percentage of that group. I am sorry for you to have such sad news.