Saturday, May 23, 2009

A Milestone

He did it! Our son graduated from college! What a fun-filled day we had! The weather was perfect, the event was exciting, the parties were great, the food was yummy, our son's friends are awesome, and we are eternally grateful for the fantastic experience Steven had at Hamline University.


the speaker, Rev. James M. Lawson, Jr., was fantastic


There goes Steven! My heart is thumping hard!

Steven's fiancee, Melody, graduated Magna Cum Laude!
We are proud and happy parents!
Steven and his proud sister

Steven's grandmother (my mom) graduated from the same college 67 years ago! This is a tree that was planted in our family's honor. Our family has had 26 graduates and 4 generations attend Hamline!


Steven and his housemates threw a party for the families.

Here are the seven housemates/friends. They are awesome people! They have been friends since first semester, freshman year. We are so happy for all of them.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

yahooo for Steven... and Melody! I have been waiting to hear! I was happy that you had great weather!

Lisa said...

Wonderful, wonderful news! Congratulations to Steven and Melody!!!!

Gari in AL said...

Congratulations, isn't it fun to be a proud parent?

Jan Mac said...

Congrats to the whole family for a wonderful record of achievement at Hamline University. It looks like you had a very happy celebration.
Hugs Jan mac

Julie Sharer said...

Woo Hoo! I didn't realize this was grad weekend; awesome!! So will Steven wear the red bandana on his wedding day as well!?!?! In one year, we'll be celebrating a graduation as well! Amazing.

Sweet P said...

Congrats to Steven! And to have 26 graduates and 4 generations attend Hamline is awesome. I attended Hamline my freshman year of college and then, many years later, started a master's program in writing there. Too bad I didn't get to finish either program. Life took me in other directions.

Twisted Quilts said...

I have not heard of Hamline. I will google it to find out more. Congratulations to your son. Isn't it wonderful to see our kids complete this journey! I always make a fool of myself when our kids graduate because I cry like a baby!

BrendaLou said...

that's several generations of proud moms, grads! I know you are proud of them and deservedly so!I remember when you took me on a tour of Hamline and we saw the "family tree" I think it's an awesome memorial. Congrats Carol and all.

Unknown said...

Congratulations to the graduate and the very proud parents. What an exciting time!

hetty said...

This is wonderful news! Congratulations to Steven and his fiancee and the proud Mama!

Kim said...

Double the fun double the pleasure, a graduation and engagement! What a nice celebration - so very special for your family. Congratulations to all!! Nice to share in the festivities, thanks for sharing the day.