Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Flowers and Fun

This morning as I pulled out of my driveway, I noticed I have some irises in bloom! PRETTY!! Last year I had only one... so I'm excited to have doubled my blossoms this year, plus it appears I have lots more buds getting ready to pop. Wowie!

Then I stopped and photographed these marvelous lilacs on my way to work (and will admit, I "borrowed" a couple of stems to take to the office).

I ran around all day long, like a chicken with my head cut off. It was nuts. Halfway through the day I had to go home and change clothes, because I was wearing a dress (!!??) and somehow it started a big tear under my arm, and not even in the seam.. it was just fabric tearing in a bunch of directions... not pretty! That added to the craziness of my day.
I had a meeting at church, and then came home and ate supper. Yum! Charles had prepared a yummy one which I gobbled down. Now, finally, I get to sit down and take a breather. Whew!
Last night I didn't have any time to stop and think at all. After work I went out for dinner with Sally, BrendaLou and her daughter Beka, and after that I went to book club. That is how my days have been going... fun activities! Hooray! But I'm constantly flying from place to place

Here is "us girls" at dinner last night. BrendaLou is visiting from California. She is such a honey! Sally and I attended one of Brendalou's quilt retreats in the beautiful redwood forest a year or so ago. I hope we can do it again some time. She is a great quilt retreat host!



Beka is BL's youngest. She is a beautiful, young woman! Too bad she is looking down. Her kids are adorable, too, although I have only seen them in pictures.


Here's BrendaLou having a Minnesota experience - petting beavers. We do this all the time around here.


Somehow inbetween my busy comings and goings I managed to make another toy. I just love this one! I want to keep it and play with it myself. Sort of.

So now you know what I have been doing to keep myself out of trouble. What have YOU been doing with your days (and nights)?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

pretty much the same! lol... I have been so tired and unfocused, tho! The third week in the month always kicks my butt...church mtgs, Girl Scouts and then thru in a surgery and my I wonder why I feel like I do! Have a good night!

Twisted Quilts said...

You are having too much fun! I had a lilac bush in my yard before the great flood of '99. It was the only one in the neighborhood.

Bebesboutique said...

Hello fellow headless chicken! lol This last week of school has been like that too, I have been driveing the bus to every pool and movie theater in the area for feild trips. Today is the last day! Hurray. Sounds like you are haveing fun too with friends. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this new toy you have made. He has so much character. Made me giggle. I have been makeing cat toys with catnip in them. I hope to get pictures on later today. I leave this afternoon after school for a craft/flea market show in Oregon and won't be back on line till Monday. Lilac are lovely, oooh that smell.

BrendaLou said...

Carol, it was so much fun to get together for dinner.....and Beka and I are inspired with the Toys...we joined and have made a couple. Now to do a drop!