Thursday, April 23, 2009

Loss of a Friend

Family friend, Bob F., died of cancer this week. He was funny, kind, loving, smart, joyful, and a great dad. He left behind a wife, five children and their spouses, and three grand-children, all of whom lost him way too early. He was only 62.

From "I Hope You Dance" by Lee Ann Womack


I hope you never lose your sense of wonder,
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger,
May you never take one single breath for granted,
God forbid love ever leave you empty-handed,
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance,

I hope you dance... I hope you dance.


6 comments:

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Rest in peace, friend

Torina said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Gari in AL said...

I, too, am sorry for your loss.

Lynn S. said...

So sorry Carol for the loss of your friend. I know you will miss him. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and yours too.

Unknown said...

I love when one finds words that describe a life...beautiful song.
He will surely be missed.

Chris Daly said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. I wish you peace and comfort.