Thursday, February 05, 2009

A Sneak Peek

My guild's quilt show is being hung this Saturday. We are turning in our quilts today and tomorrow... so I got a sneak peek at some of the piles of quilts, and especially some of the quilts that were made by our Featured Quilter, Janet. She is one of the best quilters I know. Wow!!! Come back to my blog in a few days to see pictures of the show, especially quilts by Janet. She is fabulous, both in her person and as a quilter. Here are sneak peeks at some of Janet's lovely work. Are you getting excited to see more?? I sure am!




This one is shown the right way. I didn't accidentally show the cow at the wrong orientation. You'll see!








This last photo is a quilt by me. I am revealing it early. It is the quilt I made for the show challenge. We drew a color crayon out of a bag, and had to make a small quilt using mostly that color in the quilt. I drew the color Pacific Blue. I am really happy with what I made, although I'm not saying it's going to be the "winner." (The challenge quilts get voted on, and there are prizes for the top three.) Haha! I'm just happy with it, and it took me forever to make it. I finally finished the last stitch about an hour before I had to turn it in.

4 comments:

Torina said...

Oooh. What a variety of styles! I LOVE your circles and squares. My next goal is to piece curves. The way you arranged yours is trippy (in a very good way).

08armydoc said...

Carol - I NEED NEED NEED to see the rest of Janet's feather?vine? quilt - with closeups!!! It's absolutely gorgeous!!!!

I love how you made the circles in your blue and pink quilt - they turn!

Leslie

Unknown said...

I love your quilt.. it is so cool! It is a winner

Wendy said...

I love your challenge quilt - the circles are wonderfully placed and it's a great use of pacific blue. Beautiful work!