Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snowing and Sewing

My book club was going to have a party tonight, but it was canceled due to snow. The snow amount is not so much, but with such dreadful cold and a little wind, the roads quickly became very slick. Sometimes it's just best to stay home and avoid taking risks. I'm thankful we didn't risk it and end up in a snowy ditch.


Actually I enjoyed my surprise evening at home. I sewed, and I watched a good program on public TV. I made some blocks for Sunshine Lotto. They're not fancy at all, but Tammy who collects them will be able to use these, along with the other contributions, and make some knock-out quilts for kids. This month's Lotto theme is "pot luck."





I finally woke up from my sleepy day at work, and now it's time for bed again. Good thing I'm back to feeling sleepy. G'night, all!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The back up on the Hwy to the party lasted until at least 8pm...crazy! I putzed around and then read for awhile...

Melissa Kaye said...

I drove the other direction from Cottage Grove and 494 was HORRIBLE. I watched the Biggest Loser and then dealt with a sick Peder. Love the quilts!

Clare said...

Brrrrr! I think staying inside and quilting is the best option. Love that quilt in the last photo.

Tazzie said...

I love those bright blocks, the fabrics are just gorgeous!
Be sure to have a wonderful Christmas.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)