Sunday, March 09, 2008

My Quilts Came Home!

Our show came to an end, and I finally got to bring home my quilts. I had really missed them! I spent a lot of time taking off tags and temporary hanging sleeves so I could get them right back to where they belong. It felt so good! We're sleeping under our topsy turvy quilt again. Hooray!



This fox wanted to see the show but came a little late. Oh, too bad. Try again next year, foxie.




Only one of my two dollies was in the show, so they had a lot of catching up to do when they were reunited. They're happier now, too. (Yes, I am in my 50's. Quit laughing!)

OK, I knew I wouldn't get my new couch. Hubby just can't shop on an impulsive basis like I can. The sale came and went, and we're still in the discussion stage. Oh, well. I know we'll get one eventually.

Time for a new week, just a little thrown off by the time change, and looking ahead to a week with something to do every night! Arrrgggh! I am getting too old for a schedule like that.



Oh, by the way, I added bells to the bottom of this quilt. They symbolize doorbells for all the houses. I found a home for the quilt, too. It's in the landing area in our basement, right next to the little old school chair that is kid-sized. Seems perfect there. Can you spot the spider web in this picture? If so, please ignore it, like I am doing.... until I catch spidey creeping toward my quilt, then it's Lights Out.

6 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

Love that house banner! Cute!

(BTW, the previous comment looks a lot like spam! Arghhh, I've seen it before. You probably shouldn't click on it.)

YankeeQuilter said...

Was that a real fox?

I love quilt shows but when they are over I always have lots of piles to deal with and sleep to catch up on!

Darcie said...

That WAS a lot of quilts! Wow.

Your quilted houses arrangement looks so cool. And it looks like the perfect setting there by the school desk.

Finn said...

Hi Carol, so happy that the baby and the beauties are back home with you. And if it helps, I have similar babies all about the place. A couple are infant size, the My BeBe type, a few American Girl dolls and about 25 or so of the toddler size Kissy dolls...LOL
I'm just smiling, not laughing at you. Besides, they are all just jealous that YOU found that baby to love. The quilt over them is just wonderful!
Love the little houses..perfect with bells.Hugs, Finn

Magpie Sue said...

Love the location you chose for your mystery quilt, and the bells are so appropriate!

I also want to know whether that was once a real fox.

So have you recovered from the show yet? ;- )

sewprimitive karen said...

Congratulations on your show! Who is your little fox friend?? Hey, I have dolls all over the house and I'm almost OUT of my 50s lol.