Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Marjorie & Frances


Remember the book that Tracey sent me?

I read it this week and am convinced that Marjorie (the main character in the book) knew my grandmother, Frances. They lived in the same small town during the same time period, lived just a few blocks apart (from what I can surmise), went to the same church, and were both active in what was then called the Ladies' Aid. Here's a picture of my grandma, taken in 1962. We had just returned from a trip out to Washington state, and we brought Grandma a box of candy from there. That's what she is holding. She is standing in front of her little brown house. You know what happened to that house? They tore it down and put a parking lot there! Sad!



Now that I have figured out that Marjorie and Grandma knew each other, I wish I could ask them some questions! I maybe even SAW Marjorie, because I remember attending church sometimes with my grandma. It would be fun to let them know that their granddaughters crossed paths and enjoy the same hobby. (Ann, the author of the book, once spoke at my quilt guild, and I talked to her about the possibility that our grandmothers knew each other.)

Thanks for sharing this book with me, Tracey! I have decided that it is going to go on a little train ride of its own. Maybe some day you'll see what I mean.

1 comment:

Tracey in CT said...

Wow, what a small world! I'm glad that you enjoyed the book.