Saturday, June 09, 2007

A Gorgeous Tractor Factory

Last night hubby and I went out for dinner to The Old Spaghetti Factory in Minneapolis. I had heard of it many times, but never been there. I had no idea what I was missing all these years! What a beautiful place! It is an old, converted Case Tractor factory. The furniture they have in there is fantastic - big, ornately carved wooden pieces and fancy chairs. You can see a bit of that in this picture of the entry way. Some people walked in front just as I snapped, so you can't see much of the huge front desk where they check you in.


There are stained glass windows everywhere, too. I bet those guys (and hopefully some gals) who built tractors never dreamed how pretty and clean their building would one day become. I'm sure they didn't enjoy ornate furniture and stained glass windows like we did last night.

The food was fantastic, too. I keep forgetting to get a picture of a food experience in a great restaurant. Food pictures are hard to do, but one of these days I want to remember to try.


After dinner we went to a play at the Guthrie. Not my favorite play, and it was long - 3 hours - so I was tired when we finally got home. No quilty pictures yet, but I'm hoping to get a little done today. I just did some yard work (uffda! pulling weeds is hot work!) so I think I've earned some sewing time now.
I hope you are having a fun weekend, doing something you love!

6 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

Oh gosh - I'm so happy you posted about the Spaghetti factory - Keith and I have almost gone a couple times but always decided not to. Now it's definitely on my list to go.

Love the log cabin quilt and the xxx and ooo's too.

Are you going to the quilt show this week? I'm going to try and make there too.

Joyce said...

There is an Old Spaghetti Facotry in Winnipeg too. It is in an old warehouse with stained glass etc. I wonder if it is a chain? I haven't been there for ages but it used to be very good. I always thought it was the only one.

Anonymous said...

Yes, The Old Spaghetti Factory is a chain. I've been to one in an old railroad station in Sacramento, CA and another in CA in an old citurs packing house. The food is the same in each: fantastic! But the ambiance in each one is just a tad different. I like that!

Elaine Adair said...

I'm falling behind on what you are doing but if you have time in Minneapolis, try to take the Gold Medal tour - that is/was one amazing place. DH and I saw it a few months ago and were immensely impressed.

Tazzie said...

Thank you so much for the lovely comment you left at my blog recently. You can come over and play anytime!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Tonya Ricucci said...

oooh beautiful. There was a Spaghetti Factory in my hometown that I loved goign to. Didn't have the gorgeous stained glass tho.