Saturday, February 24, 2007

Blocks of the Day

This is what I did Friday night and most of Saturday... about 52 crumb blocks. There is a noticeable change in my scrap box. However, it's just a small box, and I have more scraps in other boxes. I could do these blocks for the next month... in fact, some time, if it wouldn't drive me insane, I should try that -- a whole month, or perhaps my entire summer when I have lots of time off, do nothing but crumb blocks and scrap sewing. I wonder if even that would make a dent?

Thanks for the comments that say you like my red, white & blue top with the light blues. I do, too, I think. I'll know for sure when it's a complete quilt. This week I hope to get it to the machine quilter. I think (I hope) I'll love the quilt when it is done.
We're getting an all-weekend snow storm. It started out slowly, but finally tonight (Saturday night) we have some good accumulation. It will continue to snow for the next 24 hours, they say. I love a fresh, deep snowfall, especially when it comes on a weekend.

2 comments:

SuBee said...

Pretty cool crumbs! That's going to be a great quilt.

Tracey in CT said...

Ah...the crumb blocks! One of my favorite quilting projects ever...its hard to believe that when I first saw crumb quilts, I wasn't a fan. But then I tried them, and I think they are the best thing ever!

Your blocks look great...I'm looking forward to seeing what they turn into.