Saturday, December 09, 2006

Christmas Preparations

Saturday. I spent all day wrapping presents, rearranging and cleaning the living room, and putting up and decorating the tree. We use a small, artificial tree. I like its small size and humility. I've never liked being showy and ostentatious. For some reason our little tree looks extra pretty to me this year.



I'm coming down with a cold. When I wasn't doing the above activities, I took a nap, and I had a nice, warm bowl of soup for lunch. I'm trying to be careful with myself so my cold doesn't develop into bronchitis, which my daughter has.

Last night we went to a play at the Guthrie. I had never heard of it before: Edgardo Mine. It was a powerful play, based on an historical event. Fascinating. Everything the Guthrie does is outstanding! We're lucky to live close by so we can enjoy the fruits of Guthries' labors.

I'm headed to bed and will catch up on the Mavericks' goings on tomorrow.

No comments: