Sunday, August 20, 2006

A Blue and Gold Day

It's a beautiful day here. I never knew that expression, a blue and gold day, until I met my pen pal from Australia. After she explained it, I began noticing it in books. It's a perfect description for fantastic-weather days.

I have been on a bit of a quilting binge. I became motivated when I realized that my days of freedom are numbered. I go back to work for the school year on August 23! I never get as much done during my time off as I imagine I could or should be able to. With endless free days extending far into the future, one doesn't think that rushing around is in order. Now, with only 2 and 1/2 days left, I am scrambling.

My favorite place to donate quilts is here: Wrap-a-Smile. Quilts go with Rotary teams and are given to kids who undergo cleft lip/cleft palate surgery. My dad was a faithful Rotarian, and I have great respect for Rotary. I donate to this project in memory of my dad. You can read about Wrap-a-Smile here:
www.wellsrotary.org
Click on the Wrap a Smile tab. This burgeoning quilt program was started by one humble quilter who had a great idea. It grew so quickly that they have donated over 5,000 quilts to kids around the world. How great is that?!

Have a wonderful day, everyone. Do something nice for another person today, and then do something nice for yourself.

No comments: